Cave-In Rock Switchgrass is a long-living, perennial warm-season grass that makes very good bedding and cover for wildlife. Cave-In-Rock is a particularly desired variety due to the fact that it stands better throughout the winter, providing even better wildlife habitat than other switchgrass varieties.
- Scientific name: Panicum virgatum
- Warm-season perennial grass that is native to North America.
- Grows best in areas that receive at least 30 inches of rainfall per year
- Grows to 3-6 feet in height.
- Can be distinguished from other native grasses by the dense patch of hairs at the point where the leaf blade attaches to the sheath.
- Foliage turns a beautiful yellow in the fall.
- Could be planted on a highly erodile sites and field borders.
- Longevity: Perennial.
- Approximately 258,800 seeds/lb
- Planting Range: May 1-June 1 or fall seeding
||4-6 lbs (PLS) per acre
||6-8 lbs (PLS) per acre